Monday 6 October 2014

Laszlo Krasznahorkai: Seiobo There Below

Only the land remained, the silent order of the mountains, the ground covered in fallen dead leaves in the enormous space, a boundless expanse - disguising, concealing, hiding, covering all that lies below the burning earth.

The whole, gathered here in pieces isn’t there, only the pieces are there, and the whole isn’t anywhere.

A return back to that place where nothing is, to the Radiant Empire of Light, the boundless plains of the Sky, for that is the place where I exist, although I am not, for this is where I may place my crown upon my head, and I can think to myself that Seiobo was there below.

That one whole will come to an end, and in the distance another shall begin, I am waiting for death...

No comments:

Post a Comment