Tuesday 19 June 2018

Morissey: Autobiography


The outspoken singer tells of his life and challenges popular assumptions.

My childhood is streets upon streets upon streets upon streets. Streets to define you and streets to confine you, with no sign of motorway, freeway or highway.


Could things get any worse? Why, yes, little one. Be patient


It is a fact that even warming moments overwhelm me with despair, and this is why I am I.


The abyss in which I live hasn't the wit to save itself from savage ignorance, and I now feel assured that I am not in the company of my own species (at least, I hope I am not, for it I am, then I am they). Dear God, let time pass quickly, and let this end. Let me be older and let this mediocrity pass as a dream - one in which the utmost was done to bury me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment